Mid-level Manager Leadership
An intermediate course in leadership, Mid-Level Manager Leadership helps experienced managers advance in leadership interpersonal skill, emotional intelligence, problem solving, decision making, and team building.
“We did our first leadership program in-house, but as we were growing so rapidly, it wasn’t so much a matter of capability, rather it was a matter of flexibility in getting this done. That is why we went outside to find learning partners to help us multiply the learning.”
About the Course
- Understanding Self and Others – acquaints the participant to interact with Fluence Leadership and provides a deep dive into the culture, values, and competencies that represent the Fluence Energy leadership brand. Covers understanding of individual preferences and behaviors and how they impact team dynamics. Uses the TriMetrix HD measuring how one thinks and makes decisions.
- Leading Change – gaining an understanding of change leadership vs. change management, as well as delving into the key components of change leadership: Communication, Collaboration, and Commitment. Uses group discussions, group exercises, and goal setting.
- Influence – an essential factor in leadership is the capacity to influence. In this module, participants will explore the concepts of creating a compelling vision, motivation, and being a role model. Uses the Influence Style Indicator, an assessment instrument used to understand an individual’s preferred style as they influence others.
- Emotional Intelligence – providing insight into Emotional Intelligence: the ability to sense, understand and effectively apply the power and acumen of emotions to facilitate high levels of collaboration and productivity. We will explore the different facets of EQ – Self-Awareness, Self-Regulation, Motivation, Empathy, and Social Skills.
- Becoming A Coach and Mentor – most people rate “coaching and developing others” among the top three most important leadership competencies, according to 360° assessments. However, despite the rated importance of this critical competency, it scores as the lowest practiced competency around the world. No other leadership competency has such as wide gap between importance and practice.
- Decision Making – Understanding the difference between fixed and growth mindset is essential for leader development. Having a growth mindset is important for learning new skills, helps when you encounter setbacks, and helps promote life-long learning.
- Building a Team – pulls concepts from previous modules and connects them to building a high performing team through discussions of sustainability, engagement, and retention, plus Goal Setting (personal and team-oriented goals).
- Putting it all together – the class does PressTime® – a very in-depth business problem in the form of a simulation. This executive level simulation is run in groups of 6-8 participants tasked to bring a new product to market while dealing with competitors, financial decisions, and personnel issues. PressTime® touches on many important leadership competencies and includes a very thorough debrief discussing topics ranging from the team’s strategy to individual feedback.
- Legal & Compliance – an essential component, based on the organization’s particular legal constraints.
- Performance Improvement Plan (PIP) – a written action plan to ensure the learning “takes.”
- Interviewing and Retention – a guide for helping leaders become better hiring managers.
- Graduation Day – As a finale, we will have a reception to celebrate the learning, growth, and hard work. At this reception, participants will receive a Sponsor who will continue to support them and their development after the program.
Who Should Attend
Early managers with demonstrated potential for leadership.
Participants will learn about:
- Who they are as a leader.
- The importance of interpersponal skills and empathy.
- Developing emotional intelligence.
- Leading change.
- Developing a strategic business focus in their work.
our focus is
Jamesson Solutions Services
- The course was worth the time and cost 97% 97%
- I will recommend this course to other Company employees 98% 98%
- I will apply the information learned in this course to my current/future job 96% 96%
- I will do my job better as a result of this course 95% 95%
The results were very positive
Data collected, independently, over more than 30 sessions from over 300 employees who participated in Jamesson Solutions’ Presentation Skills 101 course at a Global company resulted in the following scores. If the scores seem high, they are. In fact, of the more than 200 courses offered globally by this company Jamesson Solutions’ Presentation Skills 101 is rated the highest by far.