Leading Across Generations
Leading Across Generations addresses this challenge and reveals the facts and fallacies of Millennial employees and coworkers. The workshop is an interactive two-day workshop that challenges many popular beliefs as it focuses on communicating across generational boundaries.
We could see immediately that the sudden influx of Millennial-aged dealers had the potential of affecting critical communications and sales relationships. The idea that anyone can look at a whole generation and say, ‘this is how they are’ is just wrong.
About the Course
The workshop aids communication with a variety of original games. Acknowledging the tendency of Millennials to be connected to their phones, the workshop includes innovative online polling via text to take instant surveys among the class. The game “Guess What Generation We’re Talking About” reveals stereotypes and prejudices. The goal is to get people to realize they may not really understand who they’re communicating with, while highlighting the real obstacles that can be eliminated.
Leading Across Generations is not just about older generations gaining more accurate insights about Millennials. Millennials sitting in the same classroom learn how to be more effective working with older generations. The workshop empowers Millennials to get past the stereotypes they face and engage more effectively across generations with paths to resolutions.
Who Should Attend
- Acknowledgment: putting the issue or challenge on the table, without blame or judgment
- Appreciation: identifying the common goal or need, and understanding the WHY behind the other’s behavior
- Adaptation: explore options and alternatives for agreeing
- Alignment: agreeing on the go-forward, restating the plan, and following up to ensure it’s working
Through exercises and simulations participants identify and share common individual goals, that may help facilitate dialogue, including:
- To trust and be trusted
- To learn and grow
- To achieve work-life balance
our focus is
Jamesson Solutions Services
- The course was worth the time and cost 97% 97%
- I will recommend this course to other Company employees 98% 98%
- I will apply the information learned in this course to my current/future job 96% 96%
- I will do my job better as a result of this course 95% 95%
The results were very positive
Data collected, independently, over more than 30 sessions from over 300 employees who participated in Jamesson Solutions’ Presentation Skills 101 course at a Global company resulted in the following scores. If the scores seem high, they are. In fact, of the more than 200 courses offered globally by this company Jamesson Solutions’ Presentation Skills 101 is rated the highest by far.