Change is the law of life and those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future.John F. Kennedy
Change Management 101
In a 2002 research article “Success Rates for Different Types of Organizational Change” which summarized the results of 49 independent studies focused on a broad range of change initiatives, the average success rate was a mere 33%. And why do change initiatives fail? Studies show 23% fail due to people issues while an incredible 42% fail due to leadership issues
About the Course
How well do most organizations deal with Change?
In a 2002 research article “Success Rates for Different Types of Organizational Change” which summarized the results of 49 independent studies focused on a broad range of change initiatives, the average success rate was a mere 33%……And why do change initiatives fail? Studies show 23% fail due to people issues while an incredible 42% fail due to leadership issues
Most change initiatives, no matter how complex, are easy to conceive and plan for but devilishly difficult to implement. If ever there was a case for taking to heart the commonly used corporate refrain; “our people make all the difference” its with regard to change. More accurately how your people view change; as a threat or an opportunity and how they manage their perception of change and their own responses to change….”makes all the difference.”
This three and a half to four hour highly interactive course is intended to provide individuals, teams and organizations with basic, yet powerful skills for managing change.
During the program participants will:
- Learn the four stages everyone naturally goes through when confronted with change
- Learn how their own perceptions and beliefs impact their view of change
- Learn a cataloging method for designating change related issues that are within and outside their sphere of influence
- Understand how personality traits make some people more receptive to change while others may be more cautious
- Understand the basic psychological mechanisms that lead us to fear change
- Learn how to actively view any change initiative as an opportunity while managing the natural fear of change
- Practice using techniques in learning groups throughout the session
Each participant will leave this workshop armed with simple to use yet powerful tools enabling them to manage their personal response to change. Used in teams and/or organizations this workshop can lay the foundation for shifting mindsets from; change = danger to a more rational and productive mindset; change = opportunity.
Course Length: 3 hours without assessment, 3.5 hours with assessment
Number of Participants: 5-25
Space Required: 1 room
Course Offerings: This course is delivered to intact groups within companies or other organizations.
Because, change is accelerating…
- Projections indicate by 2012 China will be the #1 English speaking country in the World
- The top 10 in-demand jobs in 2010 did not exist in 2004
- It is estimated today’s students will have 10-14 jobs by the age of 38
- 1 in 8 couples married in the US last year met online
- If Facebook was a country it would be the 4th largest by population in the World
- 2.7 billion google searches in 2006 – now 31 billion searches every month
- More information will be generated this year than in the previous 5,000 years
our focus is
Jamesson Solutions’ Services
- The course was worth the time and cost 97% 97%
- I will recommend this course to other Company employees 98% 98%
- I will apply the information learned in this course to my current/future job 96% 96%
- I will do my job better as a result of this course 95% 95%
The results were very positive
Data collected, independently, over more than 30 sessions from over 300 employees who participated in Jamesson Solutions’ Presentation Skills 101 course at a Global company resulted in the following scores. If the scores seem high, they are. In fact, of the more than 200 courses offered globally by this company Jamesson Solutions’ Presentation Skills 101 is rated the highest by far.