“The Polygon Puzzle was the highlight of our session. Everybody loved it! We will definitely use it again and again.”
Joni Vetrano, Training Manager
LaQuinta Resort & Club and PGA WEST
The Polygon Puzzle is a Level 1 Simulation
- Participants (8-30 with one puzzle) are divided into working teams to assemble a twenty-eight piece, two dimensional puzzle.
- Participants are given written clues from a deck of thirty clue cards.
- The clues are evenly divided among the work teams, with no single team having sufficient information to solve the puzzle.
- The process consists of three phases; each phase is designed to allow participants to share information within their small team, then with the other teams, and finally to solve the puzzle as a group.
- The solution to the puzzle becomes clear when the small teams learn that they must work together.
- Works well with Individual Assessments like Change Style Indicator and Team Development Assessments like Team Performance Questionnaire.
- To help your group understand the importance of teamwork
- To identify your team’s strengths and weaknesses
- To understand that each individual brings unique skills and experiences to the team
- To learn to communicate effectively and to actively listen
- To learn to cooperate and collaborate to problem-solve
- To learn firsthand how synergy brings about enhanced individual and group performance
- To learn how to create a positive work environment within which professional relationship are strengthened
- 28 puzzle pieces (made of PVC multi-colored plastic)
- 30 coated clue cards in a plastic case
- Sturdy coated color solution sheet
- CD-ROM with facilitator materials and resources
- Includes: Expanded Facilitator Guide, New PowerPoint presentation and a bonus Team exercise to identify team member skills and set goals.
- A Quick-Read, 1-Page Facilitator’s Guide
- All materials designed for durability and reuse for many years to come
- Exercise Length: 1 hours without assessment, 1.5 hours with assessment
- Number of Participants: 8-30 with one puzzle, many more if more than one puzzle is used
- Space Required: 1 room
- Certification Required: NO, this simulation is designed to be used right out of the box with little pre-planning