EdgeWork® goes beyond individual and role-level tensions and conflicts, generating these issues on a group level. Groups are drawn to work on key challenges related to more effective ways of talking, thinking, deciding, and taking action together. EdgeWork® is a simulation of dynamic relationships, trade-offs, and conflicts that naturally occur whenever people work together in an organization.
EdgeWork is a Level 3 Simulation
- Individuals deal with the challenge of transitioning from a functional manager to more general or cross functional managers
- Work groups identify difficult issues that may be limiting their performance
- Challenge groups to think about working in new ways to produce results
- Create awareness around what comprises a team and who is a team member
- Increase sensitivity to diversity and identity
- Call attention to changing perspectives and values
- Provide a common experience for intact teams to use in discussing their organizational challenges.
- Explore changing work arrangements from “self-contained” to “alliances”
- Create opportunities to explore alternatives to traditional organizational relationships
- Confront participants with a rapidly changing environment that demands reassessment of fluid boundaries
- Manage cross-group boundaries, perspectives and initiatives
- Build effective decision-making processes
- Explore the cause-and-effect relationship between organizational culture and performance
- Explore leadership amidst complexity, ambiguity and uncertainty of the new world economy
- Understand the uses and effects of influence, power and conflict.
- Program Length: 6-7 hours
- Space Required: 1 large training room and 1 large breakout room; 2 breakout rooms desirable
- Accommodates: 12-24 participants
EdgeWork® is a registered trademark of the Center for Creative Leadership®. EdgeWork is co-owned by Discovery Learning, Inc. and the Center for Creative Leadership. Discovery Learning, Inc. is the sole distributor for EdgeWork.